We are a growing community, who together are co-creating this space. We have many ideas of ways to grow this site to be as helpful and connected as possible.
- An active private forum for members
- A monthly class for alumni who want to maintain their recovery practice
- Live video hosted support groups facilitated with intent to keep focus on self not other, personal skills and practice
- Built in social networking within the site
- A organizational system in place for pairing compatible people to be recovery practice peer support partners with tools to use together
- A list of psychiatrists who are willing to work with people choosing to reduce their psychiatric medications
- Video archives of recovery stories
- A repository of well organized recovery related research
- A geographical image map of recovery friendly resources
- Listing of online conferences that are related and relevant
- Further curriculum development
- Audio interviews with innovating thinkers, advocates, healers, and people in recovery
Also, we’d love to hear your ideas for what you’d like to see on the site. If you have ideas please let me know directly. No need to be formal, just point form, off the top of your head, what would you like to see here? Click on the “send message” button and let me know. Or you can comment below and share it with everyone here reading.
We have a vision of Families Healing Together style family mental health education becoming the new mainstream. We’d like to outshine the type of family education that only teaches families about symptoms and medications instead of focusing on connection, communication, and personal growth. With a goal so big, we need numbers, research, resources, and your support. Unlike most family mental health education programs we accept ZERO funding from pharmaceutical companies.
If you like what we do here and want to help us grow please let the Foundation For Excellence in Mental Health know.